Woke up in a bad mood? Felt fine this morning, but now you’re just not feeling it at all? Or have you had a bad day at work and now you’re just not with it. Well here’s 7 tips to help you combat that bad mood, and put yourself back on the right track.
- Accept it. sometimes we just need to accept that we’re in a bad mood. Denying we’re in a bad mood can make things worse.
- Take a step back. Pause, think for a second and ask “Why am I in a bad mood?”, was there a cause? If so perhaps it’s something you can learn from and try to avoid next time.
- Time out. If you can, take some time to yourself. Do something you enjoy, listen to music, read a few pages from a book. The distraction could really help.
- Eat. The stomach and brain is deeply connected. Eating can quickly change a mood for better and for worse. Even if it’s not a full meal, eat something sweet. Sweet things can release endorphin’s in the brain making you happier.
- Talk about it. Even if you can’t see a reason as to why you’re in a bad mood, talking about it can really help. Social interaction can ease stress and distract you from the mood itself. Friends of family offering emotional support will make you feel much better.
- Have a nap. Taking a short 15 minute nap, or even something a bit longer can help you forget about your bad mood completely. Hopefully you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and new.
- It will pass. Don’t stress too much, it will pass in time. Sometimes all you need to get past a bad mood is just time.
I hope these few tips help you get back to your usual self. We all have down time, don’t be too hard on yourself.